2006 Ymaha F150 Balancer Noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Ymaha F150 Balancer Noise?

Hello everyone, I am new to this awsome website. I hope someone here can help me diagnose a noise coming from my 2006 F150 4 stroke. Last weekend I noticed a high pitch whine while my motor was idling at the boat ramp. It concerned me because I have read on this site about the possible balancer assembly issue in 2004 -2006 yr model F-150's. Today I changed my oil and ran motor with cowling off. With cowling off the noise is much more noticeable. I sprayed silicon on the drive shaft hoping it was the driveshaft bushing. No luck. I took a video of it running with my IPhone and created the link below. The video is terrible but I am hoping someone here can listen to it and determine if I am at risk. About half way through the clip i put my phone close to the front of motor and you can really hear it. I have a big fishing trip planned next week and this would spoil the trip. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Yamaha F150 Balancer - YouTube

yimminys
    ya should have heard that HOURS ago.
    remove the balancer and inspect for missing driven gear teeth.
    if all are still there then you will need a balancer.
    balancer is just under about 350.
    you will also need the tech bulliten about balancer replacement and a tube of gel seal or loctite 518 and a torque wrench.
    takes an hour or so.

Comment

I was afraid of that. I just checked my paperwork and my extended warranty expires 3/6/2013!!! I will have it at the dealer in the moring.

Rodbolt -thank you for taking the time to listen to my engine. I have read many of your post and appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise!

Thanks again!

Comment

warrenty card is even better
        means its free.

Comment

Balancer assembly replaced and the noise is gone! On the repair invoice I noticed the balancer installed was Part # 63P-11500-02-00. I read somewhere on this forum that the latest revision was Part #63P-11500-03-00. Does anyone know if the second part number is the correct one? Motor is a 2006 F150TXR. Thanks!

Comment

the - 03 is the latest part and should have been installed.

Comment

Hi Rodbolt. Thanks again for responding to my post. When I took my boat in I handed them a paper with the correct part number. Why would they install an older part on my motor? Is there a significant difference between the two parts? Should I request the "03" balancer assembly?

Comment

Up cho bác cái n?a nè: Chúc c? nhÃ* d?t hÃ*ng,mua may bán d?t,m?i vi?c nhu mong mu?n

Em bên công ty thi?t k? Website,Seo google,dÃ*o t?o Seo, các bác có nhu c?u thì g?i cho em nhé

Em Doanh:0982.986.573

Comment

Working...
                X