Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tilt/Trim Motor - 50hp Model 50HET i think..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/Trim Motor - 50hp Model 50HET i think..

My Tilt Trim motor o-ring seal died and has let water in. Its basically all messy inside and the brushes seized. So no contact meant that the motor has stopped working. Stopped pushing hydraulic fluid. Now I have fixed the brushes and generally cleaned the commutator inside. spins nice and free. The problem is that the shaft/key on the bottom of the commutator doesn't seat back in properly. So it doesn't drive the hydraulics. I'm guessing there is some sort of gear or something at the bottom.

Can you just take the whole DC motor unit out of the hydraulic housing, or is there a better way to line the gear/key up?

Only numbers I can find on the unit are 62Y-01 and 2D-0620. Don't know if this helps at all.

thanks daniel

There is a connector that connects motor to gear pump check to see if connector is out of place on top of gear pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I don't think it is aligned however can't be 100% sure. So far i've only taken the top off the DC motor. The brushes and bottom section remain attached to the hydraulic section. Do i need to remove the whole motor side to see if the connector is aligned to the gear pump?

Comment

Removed the motor and found the connector. Much easier with it removed. all back together and working fine again. Thanks

Comment

Daniel,
          You are now the trim/tilt motor expert!
          When mine breaks, I'll be sending it to you [img]smile.gif[/img] !
          Merry Christmas,
          Ken K

Comment

Working...
          X