No announcement yet.

703 contoller wires (1993 Yamaha 90)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I received my wiring harness part I have it in my hand. I was disappointed to find that it came with no instructions or diagrams. I have attached a picture of both ends of the new harness and re-attached the original picture of my 703 wires so they can be seen together.

One end of the new harness, seen on the right in the first new picture, has 4 wires: Black(female) Green(male) Yellow(male) Red(male) I am going to assume that this end of the new harness plugs into the wires from my 703 seen in the old picture Black(male) Green(female) Yellow(female)? The gender matches up, and I guess the red wire isn’t used or is used for something else?

The other end of the new harness has 6 wires: 2 Black Red Green Yellow Blue these appear to be female connectors with an extra empty connector for another wire and/or possibly the type of connector that can slip onto a tab? Hopefully the Green wire on this end goes to the Tach, also I guess the Yellow and 1 of the Black? This would leave a Black a Red and a Blue I don’t know what these are for? Also not sure how this accommodates more gauges, maybe something to do with the empty side of the connectors? In addition, this end of the harness has another set of 2 wires further up as seen in the second new picture: Double-Yellow(female) and Blue(male) don’t know what these are for?
    Attached Files

Comment

red is constant Battery power, not supplied by your 703.
      the rest is plug and play.
      the blue and yellow can be plugged together for guage backlighting at key on if desired.
      only guage that needs constant 12V for memory is the speedometer,I dont reccomend it as it can kill a battery in 30-45 days.

Comment

Thank you rodbolt17,
        You have been most helpful to me on this issue. i bought 1 gauge yesterday and will be buying a couple more shortly. i will be working on this project this weekend and will probably have great success thanks to you and the others here. best regards,
        tom

Comment

Working...
        X