F75 TO F90 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F75 TO F90 conversion

does anybody know removing the air flow restrictor from a F75 Can actually turn into F90 as everything else is the same just have to change the prop.Any views

What are you calling an air flow restrictor?

I have heard just removing the silencer off the front of the carbs on motors will cause a lean burn at high RPMs

Comment

Like 99yam40 my 1st question is what do you call "air flow restrictor" something like that is used on F50 but not on these models that I know.

The model your are talking about is carbs or EFI?

is not esyier (cheap) convert a F75 to F90 even if carbs or EFI because in a F75 carbs model the CDI is diferent from F80, F90, F100 (the same on these models), need diferent carbs or jets.

On EFI need diferent ECU, intake silencer assy.

This was the most differences I could find and should have a cost about $800/$900 just in parts for both cases.

The F75 is on sale for Fiji? I thought it was just for US/CAN

Comment

its always good to experience with things and then get views ,i have just turned a F75 EFI to F90 EFi just by removing the airflow restrictor which is number 6 in the parts catalog from the throttle body assy ,there is a lean fuel mixture at high RPM but to compensate it i have used a higher pitched prop and have saved myself few thousand dollars
        its not always technical as companies which make these motors have been making the same engine like F75 and F90 efi models are the same with air flow restrictor in F75,then its F80betl and F100detl which are exactly the same engine with all the same parts and ecu except the F80detl has a air flow restrictor,remove this and hey presto you got F100 hp but have to use a higher pitch prop to avoid running at lean mixture
        and yes they do sell these in FIJI for me to experiment
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by madharchod View Post
          does anybody know removing the air flow restrictor from a F75 Can actually turn into F90 as everything else is the same just have to change the prop.Any views
          thiet ke noi that, noi that thong minh, noi that, thiet ke kien truc, nha dep hay den vinanha.net

Comment

thanks for share with us you experience!

On some models is not so dificult convert them for more power as many people think but can be expensive in my point of view.
            However sometimes in my opinion is not so easy as you mention it (sorry dont get me wrong)
            I'm not a yamaha engineer but (for me) is hard to belive (but not impossible) that removing the throttle sensor assy on the intake (that is used on F75, F80, F90 and F100 "exactely the same part #") will give you the plus 15HP (if removed on the F100 I'll have a F115?), than that sensor stay disconnected from ECU??? you can even have a gain but that much I guess...
            Just removing the retrictor on F50 in not enough to convert it for the F60 that I know...

You got more rpm and more SPEED?

The diferences I found was ECU (the same ECU is used on F80 but not on F90 and F100)
            Intake silencer assy (the same used on F80 but not on F90 and F100)
            F100 have a diferent camshaft

Comment

I have to agree with almetelo, removing the THROTTLE SENSOR ASSY will cause the loss of the proper input to ECU from that device and that would cause ECU to not know what position the throttle was in and that will cause major problems

Comment

Correction on my last post:

"you can even have a gain but NOT that much I guess..."

Comment

I see detonated pistons or burned EX valves in someones future.
                  simply removing an air restictor wont increase HP on an EFI engine.
                  the ECU cannot compensate for the extra air.
                  they are rather stupid.
                  gasoline,unlike diesel, requires a very narrow band or air to fuel to burn correctly.
                  the difference between welding and burning with oxy/acetylyne is????
                  oxygen.
                  the conversion as mentioned above is NOT reccomended at all.

Comment

There is the tecnical/expert answer that make everything more clear... Thanks RodBolt!

For the guys that may think on a mod (when a applicable) do it the right way following and respecting Yamaha parameters to avoid dislikes in the future.
                    Don't belive all you read in the net, there is a lot of myts and wrong ideas.

By the way... just one last opinion.
                    When you buy a outboard don't buy it "to short" because is very likely that in the future you will regret it. "If I had..." hi hi

Comment

The F75 is one motor I cannot understand.....

Why in the world would anybody want a 369 pound 75HP motor? That is a ton of weight hanging on the back of your boat for that little power. Hell, reminds me of the 350CI motors in the late 70's producing 180HP.....

Comment

Don't get me wrong on this mate ,iam not talking experiment here this is real deal which i have done and there is no problem at all.i have both this engine F80BETL and F100DETL i have gone through them with a microscope to check everything including the parts and ECU they all the same ,As i only noticed the air flow restrictor was extra in the F80BETL I removed it and bingo i have a F100BETL .any body who claims other wise like burnt piston or stuff like this have to see for your self .as iam using them ,have already put on about 700hrs and no problems .this in my books is more than some people will ever do in the whole life or the motor,these motors are EFI and the extra air that goes in from the throttle body sensor ECU adjusts itself as both the ECU in F80and F100 is the same including the part number
                        and the same goes with F75 And F90 efi the only difference is the amps which is more in F90 by 5amps

Comment

This thread is about a F75 that you said you removed the THROTTLE SENSOR ASSY from and increased the HP by 15 without any proof or dyno tests. And now you are talking about a different motor

go ahead and try to blow smoke up someone else as this one is not falling for it

Comment

don't worry mate,you can sit behind a computer and talk rubbish while i do some work as i still have few more F75AETL to convert to F90AETL ,don't assume things ,this is not a car to dyno test ,i have done WOT runs and they fine except a 5amp power difference from a F75 To converted F90

Comment

There are things that can not be taught and however much you want to help is a waste of time

Comment

Working...
                              X