Yamaha z200Hpdi 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would you want to by pass it?
    A computer run motor has to have all inputs and pressures at the designed spec to run properly.

Maybe you need to pick up some old motors that are not using a computer to control it

Comment

dude
      you sound like a co-worker.
      always wanting to bypass or swap something which is typically meaningless.
      usually leads to technician induced failures.
      with the correct factory service manual,all the functions of the HPDI system can be tested.

can be done with a DVM,long way.
      the diagnostic test lamp,slightly shorter.
      or the use of a 200 dollar program,BRP diagnostics, and a laptop.
      along with that you will need a fuel pressure test guage,avalible from harbor frieght.

after that its a very simple engine to diagnose for the most part.
      I typically use the laptop to eliminate chasing ghosts.
      if its not highlighted the ECU is happy with the inputs,typically.
      what takes a bit of general engine/EFI knowledgfe is how to see in range failures.

the fuel system uses two lift pumps at about 6PSI to feed the vapor seperator.
      the pump(medium pressure) steps this up to about 50 PSI and feeds it to the High Pressure pump,on your Z200,should be about 700 PSI.

below about 550 PSI the engine performance degrades rapidly.
      keep running it and you may get to post about piston detonation.

the ignition system is a 12V transistor controled system, very reliable.

biggest issue we see is contaminated fuel.

my stevens timing light will trigger off the injector voltage.
      so with my Kv tester,laptop,timing light and fuel pressure guage I can typically lock up the testing in about an hour,usually less.

my Kv tester will check for secondary ign voltage,typically on the EKU style plugs,about 12Kv.
      my timing light will tell me if the injectors are being fired by the driver.
      my laptop will show condition of various sensors and switches as well as high pressure fuel.
      my VST fuel pressure guage will indicate if I am feeding the HP pump adequate fuel.
      see how easy this is?

Comment

Hi there Rodbolt another question please, does the high pressure fuel pump need to be in timing with the crank, I want to remove it and take it for testing , I have removed 3 injectors which I am taking for testing tomorrow, what is the torque setting of the bolt that fastens the injector? Many thanks

Comment

torque settings are in your service manual.
          also the picture on how to properly install the 2 gaskets per injector on reassembly.

why only 3 injectors?

no timing of the HP pump is nessasary.

Comment

Hi Rodbolt I do not have a service manual, thats why I asked for the torque setting.
            I am testing only 3 because if they are ok , then the other 3 must also be ok and do not have to remove them. Once I get the injectors back, install and test the motor, if still not good, its off with the high pressure fuel pump. I will let you know but, I will need that torque setting please.Thanks

Comment

1 injector can fail,which one out of 6 who knows.
              each injector has a screen type filter.

dont have an HPDI service manual here at the house.

if your going to work on it yourself I would very highly reccomend you make a manual investment.
              I think you can order them here at boats.net.
              even a seloc or clymer would be better than nothing.

Comment

I cant find the filters you mentioned for the fuel injectors on the spares page and can you tell me what creates the pressure in the high pressure fuel pump is it the cam marked no 8 on the diagram I need to order a couple of spares from boats.net and want to do so in one order as it takes 2 weeks to arrive, thanks

Comment

the filters in the injectors are not field replaceable.
                  the filters in the HP pump are not field replaceable.
                  I send mine to Flag ship marine for repairs and testing after repairs.
                  however they may,or may not, be your problem.

Comment

Hi can you tell me what increases the fuel pressure in the high pressuse fuel pump as that will be the last part needing to be replaced, then the entire fuel system has been checked, thanks

Comment

its a wobble plate type pump,very similar to the old AC compressor pumps in GM cars.

Flagship marine in punta gorda FL has made the equipment to properly rebuild and test them.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt

Comment

Hi Rodbolt I found the problem it is the high pressure fuel pump, the part where the cam turns against is badly worn dawn and slight damage to the cam as well.I noticed only a teaspoon of oil came out of the housing where the cam runs in, is this reservoir filled with oil and what type of oil do I need to use,thanks

Comment

same oil as the gearcase.
                            same fill procedure.
                            same maint schedule on checking/changing the HP pump oil.

Comment

Once again thanks for all your help, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X