Problems running at full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems running at full throttle

I have a Premier Pontoon, 2008 and same year Yamaha Outboard YAF150 TLR. Most of the time there is no problem running at full throttle, but about five times by now the motor suddenly loses power, slows down and will not return to full throttle for a while. Happenend three times in a bad storm driving against the wind and waves. Normally no problem.
    What is going on? Thanks for any advice. (P.S.: Boat and motor well maintained, always winterized, stored inside etc)

Check condition of fuel, see if any water in fuel, have fuel pressure tested and it checked for fault codes on computer diagnostics.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

mate just have a diagnostic done and it will come up your throttle position sensor is faulty replace it and you will be fine it only cost 108.88 cheers

Comment

Delayed Thanks

Dear "madharchad" and "Boats.net", thank you for your help and sorry for the much delayed response. I will follow your advice and have the computer diagnostics ran and replace the throttle position sensor.
        Any advice who in the Knoxville or Johnson City, TN area is good at that?
        Thanks from Rolandnmn

Comment

since the introduction of the F150 I have NEVER seen a TPS failure.
          for that matter I don't tink I have seen any TPS failures on the inline or two stroke engines.
          if it did fail you would see a fast idle and top end cannot be reached.

key,fast idle.
          about 1100 RPM.
          without the TPS ign timing will be locked at about 10*BTDC

Comment

Working...
          X