Date of manufacture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of manufacture

I recently purchased a display model 9.9 MSHC Yamaha outboard and was told that it was a 2004 year model. The manufactured date label is missing. I was told that MSHC is what is used to determine date of manufacture. Is this correct and if so, what would be the date of manufacture? Thanks

hammer,
    The "C" on your motor's label MSHC designates a 2004 model - this does not necessarily designate the date of mfg.
    For my 2000 model C115TLRY, the Y designates a 2000 model, but the date of mfg is actually in 1999 (I forget what month is on the mfg label).
    There should be a mfg date somewhere on your outboard, and it was probably mfg sometime in 2003 - even though it's a 2004 model - kinda like the automotive industry. The next year models come out in the current year.
    Hope this helps,
    Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Ken,
      Glad to hear it actually is a 2004 model as the seller stated. Since the manufactured date label was missing I was getting a little suspicious. While on the subject of year model, this being a 2004 model and being sold for the first time (was a display model) would I still have the two year manufacturer's warranty? Thanks

Comment

The warranty period starts from the purchase date and it is 2 year warranty on that motor unless used for commerical then it is 1 year warranty. You can give the serial number to any Yamaha dealer or call Yamaha to verify warranty period.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks boats.net. I'm glad to hear that. I'll complete the warranty registration card and put it in the mail today. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X