Yamaha Outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Outboards

I have a 1994 250hp Yammi 2stk and I'm trying to check the overheat buzzers,And there is a wire that i can ground out at the motor to check the system.Does anyone know which wire/color to ground out? Thanks
    What you put in Today will affect Tomorrow!

fastest way to check if the buzzer works??

simply pull the emergency stop lanyard and crank the engine over.

Comment

yamaha outboards

Thanks Rodbolt 17. I know the buzzers work,I want to test the system from the motors if that's possible.

Comment

you can test the harness by turning the key on and grounding either temp switch pink lead.
        you can test the oil alarm and transfer rate by draing the engine oil tank then turn the key on.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt17.I'll give it a try.I'll let you know.

Comment

Hi rodbolt17,I tested the buzzer the way you told me and it worked.Thank you very much.Now 2 other questions.Is it possible to install a warning light to the o/h buzzer to come on when the buzzer comes on since I'm a little hard of hearing especially when I have both motors running,and the wind rushing bye? The speedo multi-function gauge has a Green wire & has a Gray wire.Is the Green for the warning light inside the gauge (temp) & the gray is for the overheat buzzer?
            Last edited by doradorick; 01-19-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

dont recall the speedo having a green wire.
              gray is for overheat visual.
              older tachs dont have overheat icons,only the speedo had overheat and low battery.
              pink from the 10 pin main is the audible wire.
              yes you can wire in a light, usless but it can be done.
              at overheat,actually any alarm, the engine will go into RPM reduction, both will if rigged correctly.
              then you look at the tach, if its not oil its either low battery or overheat.

Comment

hi rodbolt17,I'm not running any Yammi tach's,and the speedo's has a green wire in the center of the 7 wire's coming out of the back of gauge's.I just checked the spare gauge I have and it is cut off at in the factory electrical tape so I won't worry about it.so the grey is the visual.I guess I can splice into it for the o/h warning lite.I'm going to use an LED light so it shouldn't draw a lot from the indicator inside the speedo gauge's.Does that sound good to you?I really do appreciate all the help you have been giving me.I hope to launch this 2 1/2 year project in March.Thanks again. doradorick

Comment

power feed for the led will come from a key on yellow wire.
                  ground path will be the gray visual indicate wire.
                  system grounds the gray wire to light the light.
                  ou could also use the pink in the 10 pin main as a ground path but it would light at any alarm condition.

Comment

rodbolt17,I understand now.I will try it this week when I get the boat home to finish the wiring,I tried to post some pic's but this forum said I had to be registered to post them.I thought I was already registered!When I do get to post them I will let you know.Have a great evening. doradorick The green must be for the low charge lite in gauge then!
                    Last edited by doradorick; 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X