water in lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in lower unit

I have a 15SK that we are using a on our tender in Mexico. It appears that we have water in the lower unit. Small ammounts of oil are leaking out the vent holes just above the fins. I removed the lower unit and water pump. Parts are very hard to get in Mexico but I was able to find the gaskets (682-44315-00)for both sides of the water pump and the seals below the impeller(93102-20484). There is some kind of bushing just above the seals, I think Yamaha calls it a oil seal cover(682-45344-00) off? That part is not available from the Yamaha dealer here in Mexico and they say it could be several months to get one.
    I am fairly sure that the pump is pushing water into the lower unit thru these seals. I pulled the shifter rod boot and it appears to be free of cracks, so I dont think water is geting in that way. There is no sign of leakage from the prop hub. Help!

Mike

What year and hp is the motor? We use a different designation here in the US for the motor.

Mike

Comment

It is a 1994 15 hp

Comment

I checked availabilty for 682-45344-00 and none of the Yamaha warehouses here in US have it in stock either it would have come from Japan and would take 2 to 4 weeks to get.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I dont see how you can replace the two seals without removing the seal cover, it appears pressed onto the shaft.

Comment

I sent you the shop manual in .pdf format.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X