oil injection overflow 86 pro v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil injection overflow 86 pro v

My oil injection tank on my 86 pro v 150 is overflowing. The main tank runs continuously and I have to unplug it when the tank on the motor is full. I am assuming it is the oil level sensor. Are there any other parts that might be needed?I also read a thread that said it could be the switch that has the emergency toggle. I'm confused.
    Last edited by 2mark1965; 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM. Reason: More info.

that would be the sensor in the engine oil tank causing this issue, rodbolt has an extinsive diagnostics procedure on this web site, just search for his posts.. Percision blend has caused many technicians to pull their hair out, yet it is a very simple and reliable system..

Comment

Thanks, I found his thread. I jumped the white and Black wires from the sensor that goes to the main tank, which should shut off the pump, but it still keeps running. Hate to sound like a idiot, but this is confusing me.

Comment

I jumped the black and white wires from the control unit and the pump did not shut off shut off. I am assuming it is the control unit rather than the sensor and float. Opinions? Thanks.

Comment

next check the voltage to the oil control module, low voltage on that model can trigger the oil control module to on.
          any shorts to ground on the blue wire from the remote tank to block will cause the pump to run at key on.
          if the above tests pass its most likly going to be a failed oil control module.

Comment

Rodbolt, I think you are correct. I was toying with the idea of by passing the system and disassembling it when I think I found the culprit. One of the previous owners spliced and diced into the wiring and basically made a rats nest. this was in behind the storage tank. I guess that is why I had alarms but no warning lights. I don't think it is going to be in my budget to return to original at this time, so I think I'll premix. I have removed both tanks, sensors, control unit and the pump. I have taped over existing connections and am fashioning a cover where I removed the oil pump. Anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X