2003 Yamaha 3.1 200 VMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yamaha 3.1 200 VMAX

Okay guys I have a cylinder that I think has lost a ring.I am going to rebuild the motor.I need some info on where to get a sleeve and parts for this motor.Also should I use my local machine shop for this procedure? I am confident I can rebuild just need some advice.Also what would it take to turn this motor into a 225 or 250? Also what kind of pistons should I buy to replace the one that tore up?
    Last edited by Titan423; 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM.

Also has anyone used WSM parts before? Also how do I know the size of the sleeve?

Comment

Need to take block to machine shop to see if can be rebored or if needs new sleeve. Take a copy of specs with you.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

make sure that machine shop knows two strokes.
        I use either Rons marine in portsmoth VA or carolina machine tool in wilmington NC.
        UPS delivers.

Comment

Okay guys everyone has answered half of my question but what about the parts? Who to get the from???

Comment

first you need to know WHAT parts you need.
            as resleeving/boring two stroke blocks is beyond the average backyadigan and most automotive machine shops, the first step is to have the block checked/repaired by a good marine machine shop.
            they will know if you need a sleeve or not.
            once all 6 cylinders have been checked and bored or sleeved as nessasary then you can get into a parts list.

if the rod and main bearings are in good shape they can be reused.
            rods,bearings main bearings and main bearing shells should be marked for reassembly.
            I typically replace the wristpin bearings.
            also replace the bottom main ball bearing.
            as I have worked for yamaha dealers for the past 13 years or so I dont know about the quality of aftermarket parts.

Comment

Working...
            X