RPM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM question

Hey gang, I'm running twin F150 on my 25' boat. At WOT I'm getting 5200 rpm does that seem low??

Gunz

yes, by 700-800 RPM.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation RODBOLT, Like I said I got twin 150's, 26 inches center to center and running a 3 blade 13 3/4" by 19 (stainless) on them right now and I know reducing the pitch will give me more RPM, but what happens when you change the Diameter of the prop besides the measurement from blade tip to blade tip getting bigger not mention getting closer to each other. They came from the dealer like that and you would think that they would have propped it right.. but thats what ya get from thinking...

Thank,
      Gunz

Comment

Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards

Look up a rig like yours on this site and see what props they were running.

Are you sure the boat always ran that RPM at WOT with those props?

Comment

That was an interesting site thanks!! I'm running what the site said and I'm pretty sure she has always ran at that RPM + or - a few. Got a marina close by that I can try a few prop combinations before I decide what to do. It's not really effecting the RPM that I usually cruise at but don't want to shorten the life of my engines either.. Take care.

Gunz

Comment

Working...
          X