F100DETL yamaha outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi 99Yam40

mate iam in Fiji islands and here there isn't a person who knows much about fuel injection system in outboards and these people are very new to this system,but they are experts in carburater models ,if i can't get it fixed here then i will have to transport it to Sydney where i can get it fixed ,hope you understand

Comment

Best to pick up a service manual for that model motor and read up on what equipment and tests to do. I am sure there are pressure gauges available

Comment

i don't have a service manual can you give me a site where i can download one for free and then i can start doing the test

Comment

YAMAHA MANUAL STORE

Look up you service manual # here and then see what you can find on the web, but with them being copyrighted it probably will not be free for a good manual

Comment

i found a service manual and fixed the motor .guess what iam changing over to evinrude etec 115hp 5 years of warranty and no service for 3 years
            thanks

Comment

Good to hear you got it fixed.
              Want to share what you found and fixed?
              It might help someone down the line that looks up your thread and has similar problems

Comment

for sure ,this is what i did ,i got myself a service manual which i downloaded from the net for free from selva marine.
                i got all the equipment like the vacuum/pressure pump gauge set and followed the procedure from the ,manual to test all the fuel line and to my surprise the diaphragm and the valves were damaged ,i replaced it both and followed the replacement procedure from the manual ,bingo its working again,now since both engines are about 1400hrs old its nearly time for me to get rid of this two motors and put two brand new Evinrude Etec ,but for that to happen i have to save ,if anybody out there is interested in this motors ,they are in Fiji Islands they can have it for cheap price when i replace them

Comment

So it sounds like you replaced the lift pumps(fuel pumps) on both motors and that solved your problems.
                  Simple testing does wonders while troubleshooting

Comment

no it wasn't,the fuel pump it was the low pressure pump that sits in the front of the motor ,somehow they got damaged ,maybe due to heat ,or faulty Yamaha part ,i had to open it up and check as the diaphragm was deteriorated and the valve had a crack,and amazingly both the engine had the same thing,now after replacing them they go like brand new motors

Comment

Working...
                    X