1988 Yamaha 225V6 EXCEL XG - Disable VRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Yamaha 225V6 EXCEL XG - Disable VRO

Hey all, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to bypass the VRO system and go to a mix. I've already made my mind up and just need a little help.

I've read a few other posts and just wanted to get it from a pro.

Thanks for the help.

Russ
    Last edited by dogofdoom; 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM.

Might want to search and read some more threads to see it they can change your mind

being a gear driven pump run off of the crank shaft all you have to do is do the maintenance to keep sludge/ water from plugging things up.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Might want to search and read some more threads to see it they can change your mind

being a gear driven pump run off of the crank shaft all you have to do is do the maintenance to keep sludge/ water from plugging things up.
      I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I've studied the issue and came to a decision. I keep the engine in good repair and all of the components in good repair.

Getting stuck off the coast is not cool. The most likely cause was that I had the motor tilted high for awhile. I realize there are new parts that fix this and I don't care. Just want mix and be done with it.

Comment

trust us.
        you want to keep the oil injection.
        over the past 30 years of this <i see more failures from improper premix than all brands oil injection combined.
        the yamaha syatem,with minimal maint, works and works very well.
        what issues do you have that you think makes oil injection non viable.

Comment

Working...
        X