Command Link Plus / water PRESSURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Plus / water PRESSURE

I just took delivery of a new 29ft Defiance boat with twin Yamaha 300's and the command link plus. Haven't got it in the water yet but notice the "water pressure" appeared not to work/regerster at all (both engines) The rest seemed to work like the "water temp". I have just started the engines in the back yard so far, and the tattle tail was working (both engines). I was running only one engine at a time.

Do you have to be up to speed for that sensor to work?

We are really looking forward to this set up as it sure seemed great.

Thanks for any help...

Tom Stubbs.

probably wont make enough block pressure to operate on a flusher.
    a tip.
    use BOTH the onboard flusher AND a set of rabbit ear flusher on the F350.
    they need a lot of cooling water.

Comment

We had the motors in a big bucket, I just thought the meter should read at the bottom bar. Looked thru the manual........still confused.

I'll contact the local Yamaha Dealer here in Ventura to see what he says. Just wanted to figure a few things out myself..........oh well.

Thanks for the reply,
      Tom

Comment

If there is a lot of exhaust bubbles being sucked into the water pump it would be a problem also, stick boat into the water and see how it acts

Comment

If your 300's are like my F250XCA 4.2L Offshore, you have to add the sensor to get cooling water pressure on the Command Link Plus gauge.

The kit number I used is 69J-8A4L0-11-00.
          There is another one 69J-8A4L0-00-00, don't know what the difference is, consult a dealer for that info.

Comment

the F300 was and is made in two configurations.
            one is the 5.3L v8 the other is a 4.2L v6.
            will make some difference when dissusing.

Comment

Working...
            X