Yamaha T8 Valve Adjustment ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha T8 Valve Adjustment ?

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and am looking for some guidance on the proper location to set valve clearances on a T8. The service manual I purchased for the T8 has two different areas that discuss valve adjustment. Page 23 of the manual indicates the valve clearances "a" and "b" are set set between the valve stem and adjustment screw as shown on the following diagram:

On page 3-10 of the same manual, the diagram and instructions indicate valve clearance is set at the opposite end of the rocker arm, between the cam shaft and rocker arm:

When I set the valve clearances at one location, the opposite end is out of spec. Is there a Yamaha Mechanic that can confirm the correct valve adjustment location?

Thanks

Some of the manuals cover more than one model, make sure you are in the T8 section of manual, should be the one on page 23
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the Response - that's what I suspected. I was confused as to why the valves are adjusted differently between the T8 and F8, which are the models covered by this manual. When you check the engine and valve parts diagram for both motors (2005 model year), the parts are identical which tells me both models have the same power head. From what I've heard, Yamaha must want different valve lash settings for the higher load (T8) model.

Comment

Working...
      X