2010 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke

Ok guys I have an issue. Boat has been sitting in my garage for the past month and all of a sudden I find oil leaking on the floor. I take the cowl off and it looks like its leaking from the oil level sensor cap. What gives? How do I fix it? Why would it do this? How much is it gonna cost me? The motor came on my 2010 skeeter and I have never had any issues with it.
    Attached Files

my 90hp from 99 came already with a cable tie around the sensor and it did not leak since I own this great motor ..
    Many people advise that only the replacement of the sensor will help to prevent further leakage which is not really cheap

Comment

oil sensor leak

Had same problem w/ my 2006 yamaha 90. Tried hose clamp around cap- still leaked. Cap is integral to entire oil sensor assembly. Ordered the part from boats.net for $102 included shipping. End of leak.

Comment

how do you fix it?

my oil sensor cap is also leaking. how do you go about fixing it? i see where you can buy the part to replace it, but the cable that is attached to the sensor seems to be a problem.

Comment

cable unplugs, one wire you have to remove a 6mm ground bolt.
          easy replacement.
          some have had sucess,short lived,with tie straps.

Comment

Working...
          X