carbutetor polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbutetor polishing

i have opened a bucket of worms by removing all the carbs from my 1993 yamaha 250. the primary purpose is to clean same but in so doing i notice that there is inside the throat of each carburator a lip. apparently a casting lip. this creates a .10 depression behind the initial ventura opening if i recall correctly this will create unwanted turblence and should be relieved to make it flat to enhance performance does anyone out there have any thoughts? obviously i don't have enough to do in my reqular job as i am thinking about this at work thanks carson

Do you work for the government?

But yes you can relieve the carb throat bore if you have the time. HydroTec does this with their hi performance carbs. If you are tearing them down completely remember to inspect the O-ring seals on each main jet for any cracks or distortion, replace any that show signs. A leak past any of these O-rings will cause mid to full throttle flooding and bog down. I like Berryman's Chemtool spray (Walmart) or Amsoil Power Foam for cleaning out the carbs. The O-rings are about $5 each at the dealer. Remember to use new gaskets and a torque wrench where able.

Mike........ Miami, FL

Comment

i have pulled out the main jet and it has no o rings that i can see this is the single throat carb one obviously for each cyclinder am i missing something about these o rings? thanks carson

Comment

Did you pull out the big brass jet or the little one? The little one is the idle jet, no O-ring. The big one is the main jet, should be an orange O-ring in the groove at the end.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X