2000 90hp yamaha boat motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 90hp yamaha boat motor

Motor will not run except in emergency mode an blows excessive blue smoke and shuts down at 1300 rpms had to idle all the way ramp ran perfect last saturday any help would be greatful thanks

Search for 90TLRY for suggestions

Hi, Sounds like the carbs are gummed up on the bog down and having to use the emergency valve to get it to run. This engine has the prime start also.

I would carefully pull a carb and inspect the bowl - if there is crud or gum, that is probably your problem. Try giving the carbs a good cleaning. See my post on doing this. Search 90TLRY in the forum and you can probably find it.

Good luck.

Comment

Here is my link

The link for my carb saga is 90TLRY Prime Start clog and Speed Bog Down - carb rebuild and idle adjustment

Good luck.

Comment

Also check your linkage for your oil injection. You could have the same symptoms if it popped off. It defaults to wide open and over oils your motor. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks i aill try to clean them will let you know later thanks again

Comment

If you leave the "emergency mode" red lever in emergency mode (redundant?), the motor will blow blue smoke and will not run other than in idle.

The "emergency mode" red lever is for starting only. It works in place of cold choke system. Once started, you have to move the lever back into normal mode. If the motor stops running, you have clogged carb problems.

Comment

Thanks thays what it was

Comment

Working...
              X