40TLRB misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40TLRB misfire

Hello my name is Doug and I have been trying to figure out why my motor misfires at intermediate and high speeds.I have 119psi even in all 3 cylinders,I rebuilt the carbs and replaced the fuel pump and CDI unit.My fuel is free from dirt or water,I checked for vacuum leaks none found.I removed the oil injection system completely disconnecting the electrical harnesses for the oil injection for premixing.Could that be my problem? there is 2 green wires with a plug coming from under the flywheel that I disconnected.Under the flywheel there is 3 pulser coils a charge coil and a lighting coil,could any one of those cause my problem.Could a neutral safety switch,key switch or lanyard kill switch cause my problem?Would it harm the motor to disconnect the the main wiring harness while the engine is running to see if the problem may be harness related?Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Doug

Did you look at the prime start system/diaphragm and test like service manual calls for. I believe that motor has that. If it is still adding enriched fuel to motor the plugs will not fire cylinders properly

If you disconnected green wires did they go to the prime start heater among other places? if so it will not let heater turn off enrichment .Why did you disconnect it?
    You could turn red emergency switch to off to see if that helps.

Did you pull the oil pump drive shaft when you did away with oil injection?
    If not it will eat the crank because of no oil lube oil pump shaft.

The manual gives specs for testing all the coils
    Last edited by 99yam40; 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X