2001 F115 fuel leak from cowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F115 fuel leak from cowling

Yesterday I took my boat for a quick run and noticed fuel leaking at the front of my cowling. It had been maybe 2 months since it had been cranked. The motor was trimmed up a little and when I pumped the bulb I saw gas coming out of the front of the cowling. I eventually got it started and it ran fine above an idle. It would die at idle, but run fine at a higher throttle. I did not have time to take the cowling off and check hoses, etc which is a start, but has anyone had this issue before or have any ideas?? Thanks!!

The simplest thing is to look yourself to start with and tell us from where it is leaking, the someone could give you possible reasons it was doing that.

and If fuel is running out of the cowling and you start it there is a very good chance it could catch on fire. that is never something that I would want to happen to me or you, and it would be impossible to remove the cowling and put out the fire safely IMO
    Would you start your car if you noticed fuel leaking out from under the hood? I hope not, But maybe you have good insurance that you plan on using

Comment

Probarly leaking float valve causes overflow from VST.Take a look on black thin hose attached at the top of the manifold inlet.If gas coming out,you need to fix the VST float valve. A defective injector can also make such problems.

Comment

Working...
      X