New pump foot on 1988 115 V4??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pump foot on 1988 115 V4??

There is a new Yamaha pump foot for sale around my parts for 1,500.00. The craigslist ad says it will fit a 115 V4. Will it fit a 1988 115 V4 and if so, how is the quality of the Yamaha pump foot??

Pump foot? Are you talking a outboard jet drive?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes, it will fit, but I have to ask why you would want one. Unless you are duck hunting in a swamp or running whitewater rivers, you're much better off with a propeller. You're gonna lose 20% or more horsepower. If your boat currently runs good with a prop it's going to be a dog with the jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquasportfisher View Post
        Yes, it will fit, but I have to ask why you would want one. Unless you are duck hunting in a swamp or running whitewater rivers, you're much better off with a propeller. You're gonna lose 20% or more horsepower. If your boat currently runs good with a prop it's going to be a dog with the jet.
        I want one for the summer here on the Willamette River where I live. The motor is going on an aluminum bass rig and from mid-June through about mid-September the river level is low and it has many shallow gravel bars that can't be defeated via propeller. I'll use the prop for other times, but I want to access a lot of river that others can't in the summer for bass fishing and taking the family out on outings.

Comment

Ok, good plan. I personally have no experience with jet drives, but in your situation it sounds like a good option.

Comment

Working...
          X