Trim Sensor affect on ECU 93 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Sensor affect on ECU 93 225

My trim sensor is not working.Did ohm check and have orderd a new one. My question is does this effect the ecu (YMIS) into a safe mode? My wiring diag shows the pink and orange wire tied into the thermo switch circuit? Any way to bypass till switch arives? Thanks, Jere

Jere,
    The three wires from the trim sensor do not effect the function of the thermo switch - they share the same four wire harness that goes to the console. No need to bypass.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Why does the orang and pink wire split off into the ecu? as well as run forward to the dash?

Comment

Jere,
        Good question - I just checked the wiring diagram for my 2000 C115, and the orange and pink wires do not split and go to the ecu (cdi).
        I'm gonna guess that on your 225, the ecu monitors the position of the motor and maybe does not let you start it if the trim is all the way up. If that's the case, then you will need to shunt a resistor between the orange and pink wires to "fool" the ecu - looks like something around 400 ohm would do it.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Ken, Thanks but shunting is out this year.LOL Im trying to figure out why my pre start Prime is'nt working. Thinking that the ecu is doing somthing like a no start because it thinks the motor is tilted??? The trim guage on this motor is allso hooked to the temp switch.But info as to why?

Comment

On that engine the oil injection system uses the signal from trim sender to stop oil transfer from remote oil tank to eng oil tank when engine is tilted up you will need to replace trim sender for the oil transfer to work properly.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Outstanding Thanks. On order

Comment

Working...
              X