Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburator problem in f2.5msh 4 stroke

Hi all, congratulations for the forum.
    I'm Italian and this is the only forum that discusses the problems of these engines.
    I have a yamaha f 2.5 hp 4-stroke, and I have a great carburetor problem I can not solve.
    if I have the carburetor cleaner with the nozzle of the minimum unstopped, the engine will not start and the spark plug is wet with gasoline. if you plug the nozzle at least the engine starts but when accelerate
    it engulfs and not salt of turns, as if too much inject gasoline into the engine.
    what do you think the solution to this problem? I tried to control everything, float, needle valve, hose, but I think they are good.
    I apologize for my bad English and thanks in advance for your answers

Make number 6 in this diagram is installed in carb, 2006 and Later 4-stroke F2.5MSH Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks fot the answer, but it is new, i check this.
      if I put a rubber between the idle jet and this piece, blocking the passage of gas, the engine starts and when I accelerate just fine but smokes, if it speed up more than half of the engine engulfs and don't takes turns. when the carburetor is clean the engine will not start because it bloats

Comment

Have you looked at choke plate to see if stuck closed?
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yes i do, the valve is open. I do not know what to do, what can you advise me?

Comment

Sounds to me like something is missing or installed wrong in carb but not sure.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I am willing to buy a new carburetor, because testing with the carburetor of a friend of mine who has the same engine, my engine is fine. in the catalog of spare parts the piece No. 1 is the complete carburetor?

Comment

Yes!

Part # 69M-14301-21

Be patiente!

I wouldn´t go for a new one yet.

Good luck

Comment

My experience

Hi,

I had the same problem. In my case it was the cap of the cap of the main needle that was misisng. I got a new one, and voila, all was ok.

Comment

Working...
                  X