Prime start not working 93 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime start not working 93 225

With therm switch diconected, key on yellow wires have 12 volts. But no neg. groung on purple when I try to start? I've gone through all of the grounds and cleaned and checked. Does this mean I have a bad ecu? Thanks, Jere

The ECU is the only thing left but I would wait until you have the trim sender problem fixed before doing anything with ECU. How are you starting engine now when it's cold?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I will wait for trim sender part to arrive. Not in any hurry to buy a new ecu. If I flip up the red plastic overide switch it fires right up. The thermal sensor is out of spec and in the same order. Again I've checked all grounds. Even added an extra ground from starter to ecu ground. Yellow wires are 12.4 volts key on but when I turn the key I get no ground to the purple wire. Any thing else to check??? I have the shop man. And it will go to Rob at the yammi shop for a secound opinion, but he's busy for the next few weeks. Great shop just no time to look at it. Again thanks for any help and your time. This board and the parts dept. are great!!!

Comment

Working...
      X