engine underwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine underwater

hey guys, i just bought a bought that had a new honda 50 hp engine fitted last year, the boat took on some water and capsized, and was then lifted out of the water. i dont know the full story if the engine went undr water or just the top dipped in, the previous owner looks like he has tried to start it as the starter wires looked badly corroded and burnt. the engine turns over failry quickly and has been flushed with diesel. a few wires around the starter area have been taken off or cut and im wondering were i will get a wiring diagram so i can see how to re join them
    engine is a yamaha ft50get 6c2. i opened up the ecu to check for damage and the circuit looks fine but were the pins come in from the external plug and go inside to the circuit they have a bit of blue o nthe surace that looks like possible salt water corrosion.
    am i better off getting a new engine?
    thanks,
    james
    Last edited by jamesmacc; 11-03-2012, 11:59 AM.

I would say new motor , Just my opinion.

You can throw a lot of time and money into trying to make the old one function, but who knows how long it will hold up. Salt water is bad on electronics and inside of motor.

Comment

Working...
    X