looking for a 2006 300 hpdi wiring harness diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a 2006 300 hpdi wiring harness diagram

Howdy all! I'm a newbie. Just purchased a 2006 300 hpdi with all the fixins (throttle, cables, guages, wiring harness, key switch, oil tank). I have a 1994 Proline 260 WAC that had a Mercury 225 and recently broke a connecting rod. The next turn of the cam and the rod came through the block. Anyway, I'm hoping to do all the work to install this "new to me" motor. Does anyone have a wiring harness schematic? As soon as I pick up the motor this Tuesday and get the serial number, I'll be ordering a service manual. I'm pretty handy and prefer to do my own wrenching, be it boats, bikes, trucks or tractors. The motor is a 2006 but was originally purchased in 2007, so I'm assuming it's a late 2006 series model. It's been in the shop once to have a fuel pump upgrade and has been running flawless since, so I am told. It comes with NIB command link guages, NIB cables, NIB 704 top mount binnacle, used wiring harness, NIB oil tank assembly, NIB key switch panel. I'll have to swap the top mount binnacle for a side mount, but other than that, can you think of anything else required for a complete installation? I'm glad to be a member and hope to contribute as I learn more. Thanks, Brad

congrats on your new engine set up, if it comes with all the things you listed you dont need a wiring diagram, its all plug and play, the command link gauges will come with all the diagrams you will need.

Comment

were no fuel pump upgrades on the 3.3LZ motors.
      there were a few models that needed an oil pump.
      are you sure its command link?
      when you get it post a model and seriel number.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        were no fuel pump upgrades on the 3.3LZ motors.
        there were a few models that needed an oil pump.
        are you sure its command link?
        when you get it post a model and seriel number.
        Here's a copy and paste of the engine I purchased. It says "command link" so I can only assume he knows what he's talking about. Sure hope so anyway. I got the whole kit and kaboodle for $8250. I read a lot about the HPDI series before I purchased. The good, bad and ugly. Talked to a few owners as well. From what I've read, the later models had most the bugs worked out. And Robolt may be correct, it could have been an oil pump. I just remember the owner telling me it was a needed upgrade for this year/model engine. I do have another question. How critical is it to use Yamalube 2 cycle oil as compared to another premium 2 cycle oil? I have about 5 gallons from my previous motor and hate to not be able to use it, but that depends on your reply. It's not worth screwing up this motor to use it.

Ok guys I need to sell this engine... I have all the fixins or will sell separate but won't separate till engine sells. Engine has 290 hours, cowling has been freshly painted due to to scratches on front and shop said they couldn't guarantee a good blend job so I had the whole thing redone. Yamaha command link Guages new in box, 704 top mount binnacle new in box, new key switch panel new in box, new throttle/shift cables 19' new in box, rigging harness is used, oil tank assembly new in box. Stainless steel 19p Yamaha 3 blade good shape. Motor is in excellent condition. Showroom new under cowling. All updates done, not purchased new till 2007. Serial number shows serviced once for updates one month after purchase and flawless since. Nada books the engine at $9800 low retail and over $11k good retail......
        Last edited by fishnfowlr; 11-02-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Update on model/serial #

First off, Robolt was dead on! It was the oil pump that was a recall for this motor one month after it was purchased. Here are the specifics for this motor. Yamaha 300 HPDI, Z300TXR, Serial # 1003620. All updates and recalls have been performed. I'm stoked to be getting this. Finally, a motor I can rely on. My deciding factor on Yamaha was looking at the motors used by those who perform Charter fishing services. Seems like 9 out of 10 that were running outboards were running a Yamaha. That speaks for itself. Anything anyone can tell me regarding this model/serial# will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X