White Globs in vst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Globs in vst

Guys any help would be appreciated. engines are 06/07 f200s. Port engine had a hesitation above 4000 rpms and engine ran fine at idle. Had the spin 10 micron and filter under cowl changed and boat ran fine offshore and back. 1 week later port engine would idle but not run up. Had the vst filters cleaned and replaced injectors in port engine. Took the boat offshore the next day ran great. Boat sits for a 3 weeks go to take it out and the same engine won't run up. Back to the shop to pull vst and there were white globs in the tank. technician said he had never seen anything like it. Looks like crisco floating in the vst tank. Tech cleans the vst and injectors in port engine. Checks filters and vst tank by draining in a cloth in starboard engine. Only filter with anything in it was the port vst. Fuel lines replaced less than a year ago. Lines from tank to sender are original. Fuel is treated e10.

Thanks

and I told this customer to bring it back as I suspect the E fuels are corroding the check valve between the lift pump outlet and inlet.
    like I said on the phone, either debris was still trapped in the lines and rail or that valve is corroding inside.\
    I also told you thats why the E is blended at the gasoline distribution center, its to corrosive to pipe.
    must be trucked.
    ethanol is a wonderful organic solvent, luckily it wont eat glass.
    buy good ethanol and all else you need is ice.
    it does NOT belong in my gasoline.
    it IS the US govt marine technician stimulous.\

Comment

Rodbolt thanks a lot for you help Tuesday evening. I would have left the boat with you if I didn't live 5 hours away. I'm going to let it sit for a week and take it out and see if it does it again. If it does my plan was to take it to a shop closer to home and have them check the exact things you mentioned. Since you said you had never seen that type of material in a vst in 30 years I thought someone else may have. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I think its going to be a wash out for the next few days.
        I would reccomend checking that valve BEFORE further running to prevent another VST/injector cleaning.
        Ethanol is very corrosive to untreated Al and steel.
        its possible the plating on the inside of that AL bodied valve has failed and the internal bore of the valve is failing and feeding debris into the VST.

Comment

I am going to drop the boat off this afternoon and have your reccomendations checked. I will be out of town but will report back with what I hear. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

There was corrosion in the check valve. Draining the vst tank did not produce any "white stuff." I think I will try and run it over the next week and see if the problem seems to be fixed. Would it be possible for the corrosion to come from another area of the fuel system and hang up in that valve?

Comment

Forgot to add the valves have been replaced

Comment

I doubt it, my guess is the water and the ethanol started the internal valve corrosion.
                told you that valve was rather pricey.
                hope you rode out the storm ok.
                I did well,my daughter lost both cars and all her belongings.

Comment

That's terrible, sorry to hear that. I have been in Louisiana since Sunday so I missed it. Thanks for the help on the engine

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    I did well,my daughter lost both cars and all her belongings.
                    My guess is you were on pilings and your daughter was in an apartment or house on bottom floor,or was she in a different state?
                    but what did you do with your road vehicles, as I am fairly certain you live on the water.

Hopefully you and your misses left for higher ground.
                    Riding out a storm is not a good idea when living in water front property.
                    A good friend did it once on a small storm, but said that was a big mistake he will never do again. It is a lot better to come back and see what happened instead of watching it around you with no way to leave

Comment

I faired well. minimal soundside flooding.
                      daughter was staying on the beach rd near ekner st in kitty hawk.
                      she went to work and the floodwaters came and took out the 05 pontiac and while they were trying to salvage belongings it got the 98 ranger.
                      water came up quick monday morning.

Comment

Sorry she got hit so hard, hopefully she had the proper insurance to help out.
                        How deep did it end up at her place?

Comment

Working...
                        X