Oil filter for 2005 T9.9 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter for 2005 T9.9 4 stroke

Has anyone found a good aftermarket source for the oil filters? The manual says to change it after 200 hours, but with the way I use the engine, as an auxilary for my Corsair trimaran, that could be several years. I thought that I would do what I do with a car and change the filter when I change the oil.

No I dont have any information on aftermarket filters but the filter on 9.9 is metal mesh and can be cleaned if you dont want to replace it on every oil change.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The filter on my 2005 9.9 is a screw on canister similar to a modern automotive oil filter. I think it is filled with paper as they are.

Comment

Sorry I didn't look at the year of your motor before I replied. I do know NAPA automovtive parts store sells a replacement.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If you have the part number for the oil filter, you can do a search on the web and try to find if that filter is also used for a Yamaha motorcycle. Then it is easy to go to the Fram web site and find the cross reference part number.
          I did that with my former Honda and my current Yamaha. Checkers Auto had them in stock. Cheaper too.

Comment

Working...
          X