95 250 carbureted. Oil not Pumping from aux tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 250 carbureted. Oil not Pumping from aux tank

I swapped my 94 250 with a 95 250 in one afternoon. My pump from the main oil tank worked with no issues before the swap. Both engines have the square plugs, but the 94 had 2 pink/blck/grey/orange/blck wire 4 prong connectors and the 95 has only 1 that I can find. I have that plug connected to the wire for the main tank/pump and the other from the harness is empty now. I've test run the boat by filling the aux oil tank on the outboard, and all went well with exception that the main tank will not fill the aux tank. My oil sensor has been showing yellow since the swap. I drained the aux tank in my driveway and the alarm is sounding with gage showing red, but the pump doesn't pump up to the aux tank. The voltage out of the orange and pink wires from the aux tank is 3-4 volts. Does the pump run on 12 volt so I can test it? Any thoughts on what the issue might be?
    Last edited by Wellcraft238; 10-21-2012, 10:17 AM. Reason: correct title

the 4 prong pink,gray,orange and black are for trim and overheat visual.
    find the 4 prong square blue connector and hook up your remote tank.
    remote tank harness is black,black red,blue and brown.

Comment

Bingo!

Boy did you make my day!! I kept playing with the 2 connectors and connecting the blue plug to the other conenctor..my gages went bonkers..now I know why and the oil fill pump is now working. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

BTW, do you know which hole in the lower unit feeds the speedo?

Comment

Got it all squared away..Speedo tube was located and is clear as well. Ready to cruise! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X