Vz250tlr tilt/trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vz250tlr tilt/trim problem

I have an 09 250 Hpdi that has recently started having an issue w/ the Tilt. I noticed it the other day when putting it on the trailer. When I tilt up and power load onto the trailer the motor will push itself all the way back down to vertical.

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks!

Jason

If had it tilted up into tilt(middle cylinder on trim unit) portion of range it won't hold position under load, will only hold in trim range(two short rams on trim cylinders).
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      If had it tilted up into tilt(middle cylinder on trim unit) portion of range it won't hold position under load, will only hold in trim range(two short rams on trim cylinders).
      Yes and no? When I trailer I bring the motor up to where it has just come off the two trim rams and is being supported by the single center tilt ram. When I put it on the trailer I apply power and the motor pushes the LU down so it is pushing the center tilt ram down and then pushing the two trim rams down to full collapsed position.

Are both the tilt ram and the trim rams being routed thru a check valve or are they going thru seperate check valves? Or is there even a check valve in the equation? I am a newb to the tilt/trim system.

The odd thing is that when I am WOT on the lake I am having no trouble maintaining trim angle, at least according to the numbers. I am getting 5800 rpms @ 70mph. So performance wise it's running right I believe.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Jason
      Last edited by skeeter 09-20i; 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X