Yamaha 150 Trim/Tilt Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 150 Trim/Tilt Issue

My dad has a really old bass boat and his trim motor just spins and the outboard motor doesnt go up or down. It has fluid. Im assuming there is some sort of connector between the output shaft of the motor and the pump assembly maybe sheared off? I dont know but would like some help to get it fixed. He was in the water and he raised the motor and the switch or relay stuck and it just sat there running for a while even though it was all the way up. Maybe got hot? Now the switches are working fine for now. It should be working but nothing but the trim motor spinning. It does reverse and I can feel two relays clicking when going from up to down. Just no fluid is being pumped. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I think it is an 1986 Yamaha Pro V150

Im also wondering how much time should be expected to fix this. Special tools? Any idea how much a shop might charge to fix?

Joe

Any ideas?

Comment

how did you check fluid level?
      is the manual release valve closed?

Comment

I removed the filler plug on the reservoir and the fluid level was just below the plug. Not sure where the release valve is.

Comment

So, does anyone know what the possible cause is for the tilt motor working properly but nothing moving even with the fluid present?

Comment

open the manual valve,raise the engine set engine on tilt lock.
            now we can properly check the oil level.
            once proper level is established close the valve and retest.
            low fluid level,broken shaft connector,leaking manual valve are the typical causes.

Comment

Working...
            X