Yamaha 40 hp 2008 ECU repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 40 hp 2008 ECU repair

How would I go about having a ECU unit check for a problem? The engine will only run up to 2500 rpm.

Take motor to your Yamaha dealer for testing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I took to two local advertized dealers one said that the problem was way over his head the other said he couldn't help. Great dealership program Yamaha has.

Comment

ECU failures are rare.
        Yamaha has about the best training of all the manufactures.
        however its up to the dealership to take advantage of the training and to properly train and manage techs.
        use the yamaha marine dealer locator function and find a dealership that employs a master technician.
        the training and testing required to achive master tech certification is hard.
        there is about an 80% failure rate on the test.
        I made mine in march of 06.
        there were 18 in the advanced 4 stroke class.
        9 passed that class with a score above 80%,minimum required score to be eligible to take the master tech test.
        of the 9 that took the test 4 of us passed.
        and I understand its gotten more difficult by the addition of 3 bugged motors with a time limit to fix.
        so find a master tech and your issue will be rapidly diagnosed and repaired.

Comment

4stroke? Had the same issue with f40,and cleaned carbs with no change in behavior. Measured all ignition parts-everything ok. Changed ECU and engine then runs fine. Do you have possibility to borrow one,and test another ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by arny View Post
            4stroke? Had the same issue with f40,and cleaned carbs with no change in behavior. Measured all ignition parts-everything ok. Changed ECU and engine then runs fine. Do you have possibility to borrow one,and test another ecu?
            Arny do you know the ECU part number for a F40TLRB Yamaha motor? I’m having the same issue and wonder if the evy might be the issue

Comment

Working...
            X