09 FT50DET Exhaust issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 FT50DET Exhaust issue

I get a strange gurgling sound when the water get to a certain level on the engine leg. I removed the lower unit and found exhaust coming from the cavity behind the exhaust. It is the cavity that leads to the oval vents in the lower unit. With the boat in the water there appears to be excessive exhaust bubbling from these vent holes. I found a little hole way at the top of this cavity that the exhaust is coming from. Is this an exhaust relief, or is something wrong.

The holes on back of mid section are the exhaust relief holes and exhaust coming out those holes are normal.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

09 FT60DET Exhaust issue

Hi Boat Net,

Thanks for the reply, I know about the relief holes on the mid-section, read heaps of posts about them. The holes I am talking about are at the lower leg just above the cavitation plate on the side. Probably more like slots than holes. If I got it right, I attached a photo of the cavity the exhaust is coming from. At the top of that cavity is the hole the exhaust is coming from. I have a photo of the actual hole the exhaust is coming from, I could attach it to another post. Sorry I made a mistake, this is a 60hp
      Attached Files

Comment

09 FT50DET Exhaust issue

Attached is a pic of the actual hole. I have since removed the mid section around the muffler. The Hole is in the oil pan section under the exhaust relief holes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X