175 Hostage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 Hostage

I have a 2008 Yamaha 175 hp HPDI that had the oil horn go off. The remote oil tank was not pumping over to the small tank on the outboard. The service people said they think it is the 68m-8591a-30-00 a $1500 part and the good news was it was not available. They have been postponing the date for delivery going on 8 months now. Help. I have been filling the small tank on the motor manually to use my boat this whole year. I have been frustrated with the process to get this resolved. please help. Do I need to get another outboard? It won't be Yahama.

You need to find a Yamaha service shop that knows how to troubleshoot the system properly.
    Just thinking the problem is a expensive part that is not available is not a good way to troubleshoot

Comment

look on the dealers wall.
      do they have school certifications for at least fuel and electrical.
      if not,bail out.
      nothing on the oil system costs 1500.
      do some forum searching on precision blend.
      I have beat the subject to death,

Comment

68m-8591a-30-00 is a ECU. Very rarely do they go bad. Need to get second opinion. Need to be careful filling engine oil tank as there is a seal washer on bottom of filter that will fall off filter when removing it from oil tank and if don't remove washer then could block oil flow to oil pump.
        Last edited by boats.net; 10-10-2012, 08:52 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

There is a small filter on the remote tank. It's a "25 cent" But more like $20 part and it doesnt take much to cloug it up. Similar thing with mine. Epically if you use a funnel to fill the remote tank doesnt take much dirt to clog that..

Comment

as mentioned, search for previous posts by Rodbolt, he has explained it a thousand times (well it seems like it) and his explanation is easy to follow, even for me, do it methodicaly and by his steps, do NOT start by getting new parts (yet)

Comment

Working...
            X