Both Water Temp & Water Pressure Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Water Temp & Water Pressure Sensors

I have a 2000 250 OX66. I would like to add a water temp sensor and a water pressure sensor. Unfortunately they appear to occupy the same hole. Is there anyway to install both?

There's a 14mm plug at the top of each cylinder bank, near the heads. The water pressure fitting goes on the port side and the water temperature fitting goes on the starboard side.

Mike........ Miami,FL

Comment

Revenge25,
      Your V-6 block motor should be similiar to my V-4 (C115) in that there is a water jacket plug on top of both cylinder banks. You can install a temp sensor in one, and a water pressure sensor in the other. You're just gonna have to be careful about clearance between the top of the sensors and the inside of the top cowling (hood).
      I mounted my temp sensor on starboard side - it is a little higher than port because of the offset of the pistons on the crank. I had to cut out a relief area on the inside of the hood - the part that is an insert just under the outer shell.
      You can check clearance by rolling up some play dough and shaping into a cone and setting it on top of the sensor - install hood and remove and see if the cone has been pressed, and voila! There's your clearance! (pretty high tech, huh?) [img]smile.gif[/img] .
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X