Dip switch settings for tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip switch settings for tach

I replaced the stock tach on my '97 Yamaha 250 Hp Saltwater Series 2 stroke outboard with a digital Yamaha tach that also has an hour meter.

What are the correct positions of the 3 dip switches on the back of the tach? The trim meter works fine, the hour meter works, the tach reads ok but the Oil tank indicator always shows the tank as being full (when it isn't) I'm thinking that the middle switch setting is incorrect.

What is the pole setting for the '97 Yamaha 2 stroke outboardn (250 HP/

None of the dip switches affects the oil tank reading. Dip #1 is for a 2 or 3 lead trim sensor (since yours is working fine leave it where it is...). Dip #2 is for the type alternator (6-pole up, 12-pole down...), since yours is working leave it alone. Dip #3 is for 4-stroke (Up) or 2-stoke (down). Unplug the float sensor in the primary oil tank (under the hood...) and see what the oil alarm does.

Mike....... Miami, FL

Comment

Ok, I did that and the alarm went off and I only had one flashing bar underneath the empty symbol on the tach.........Suppose that means either the float is stuck - full up or a float sensor problem?

Comment

Nevermind, those readings were from the "Aux tank" not the main tank which is always full since I never let the Aux tank get lower than 1/8 of a tank,,,
        Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
        X