F90-which tach and harnesses:confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90-which tach and harnesses:confusing

I have rigged twin F150's on my Regulator and I am still confused when it comes to rigging tachs and harnesses with Yamaha.

Here is my questions:

1. I have the following on hand:

TACH 6Y8-8350T-11-00
    HARNESS 6Y8-83553-01 2 WIRE BL/YELLOW
    HARNESS 6Y8-82521-51 HUB HARNESS
    HUB 6Y8-81920-01

Now, can I use this tach and any collection of harnesses to just run the tach and not use the Hub? If so, what are the part numbers?

2. If I just abandon the Hub/Tach combination above and just go with the Multifunction tach, what parts do I need and the numbers.
    (Tach, harness(do I need trim/oil as well as gauge harness)

I know this is all confusing but so is Yamaha's setup. There are too many tach numbers and harnesses that it is confusing at best and I have worked on engines for over 25 years and never had it so confusing.

3. One final question. How do you get to the Rigging section for parts schematic on this site? When I do a breakdown as to 2006 Four Stroke, I cannot find a way to get to this page unless I go to Google and search it that way to bring me back to your page for Rigging and the Yamaha website is even worse. Not very customer oriented for parts searching other than engine parts.

Thanks for all the help and maybe I can get some light shinning on this mess.

If your F90 is a 2006 or newer model then can use either Command Link(6Y8) or Multifunction gauges(6Y5)
    If you want to use the 6Y8 Command Link tach you have you have to use the hub but would also need another hub(can use inline hub) power harness, two pigtail bus wires and a main bus wire, here is layout. Let me know if want parts list.
    6Y8CLWiring_Single.pdf
    If you want to install 6Y5 Multifunction tach then order 6YR-W0035-E3-00 Tach rigging kit which will include wiring harness needed.
    6Y5_704 Wiring.pdf
    The rigging parts catalog is listed under 2006 and later 2 stroke,
    2006 and Later 2-stroke Yamaha Outboard Parts at bottom of page.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X