Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Boat Stick Steering

guys,
    have any of you installed stick steering on your jon boat ?
    i have a 14ft flat bottom aluminum jon boat with a 25hp yamaha two stroke tiller engine.
    i would like to install stick steering on it, making it easier to drive. i also would like to either install a twist throttle on the steering stick, maybe from a motorcycle, something like that.
    im wondering if i could just fab up a cable system to hook up to the throttle linkage without having to disassemble the factory tiller throttle system ?
    steering should be pretty straight forward, but im curious about the throttle system..... not sure if twisting the tiller handle does other things besides opening the carbs, like advance the timing or something ?
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks guys

Don't know what model motor you have but most models you have to remove the tiller to install steering hook and link arm and have never seen stick steering with throttle grip, would have to install a remote conversion kit on outbaord and a remote control box.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks much for the info.... i am still investigating and wondering if i will actually do the conversion.
      thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X