Digital tach for F70 4-stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital tach for F70 4-stroke

Hi, I just bought the F70 2012 outboard motor with a new remote. I wanted a cheap tachometer and my dealer sold me this one... 6Y7-83540-80-00. This gauge can't be plugged on the wires just beside my throttle (remote). Those wires were supplied with the motor and installed by the dealer. It's a headache just to know where to plug this gauge... I chose to change it to a digital gauge that can be plugged directly on the wires beside my throttle (remote). I want a tachometer, not the speedo. I want to be able to connect it myself directly on the colored wires beside my remote. I don't know which gauge to choose...
    Please help me!
    Francois.

Either gauge connects the same way, need 6Y5-83653-10-00 trim/oil harness that connects to square connector on gauge and connects to square connector on engine. Need 6Y5-83553-N0-00 Instrument harness and connect to yellow, black and green wires at 703 control box and connect same colored wires to gauges, the blue wire on gauge connects to Nav light switch to operate backlight in gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi, First of all, thank you for your prompt answer. If I understand well, both digital and analog gauges connect the same way... If that's correct, I will keep my analog gauge... Another question: You talked about the blue wire for backlight... There's a black wire for the same light on the gauge, I suppose I have to connect that one too to the switch? And, with the square connector, there is a striped pink wire and a striped yellow wire, do I have to connect them too?
      Thank you very much for your help, the dealer here doesn't know how to do the job. I will have to do it myself I think...
      Francois
      Last edited by franky2012; 09-26-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I attached a picture as a picture worth a thousand words...

Don't kow where to plug those two wires... (striped pink and striped yellow)
        Thank you for your help!
        Francois

Comment

Connect all black wires to black wire on instrument harness. The pink and yellow wires with stripes goes to trim gauge, if don't have a trim gauge then tape them up.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer. I just finished testing the gauge and it works well
            I will finish the installation for the backlight this morning and won't plug the other wires until next summer...
            Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
            X