black paint prop 2011 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black paint prop 2011 F150

Does anyone know what material the Yahama "black paint" props are made of? I am specifically referring to those 3-blade props Yamaha put on 2011 F150's. The only mark they have on them is 17M.

Aluminum or steel?

Trying to figure out what I have so I can make informed decisions about what options I want to consider in future prop choices... if any.

Thank you for any information.

Hi,

You have a 17 inch stainless steel prop.
    It is the genuine Yamaha prop and is regarded as a standard all purpose prop for that motor.

Cheers.

Comment

Yamaha has 2 black props, aluminum and steel, both painted, you can ping the prop to tell its composition, thump it with your finger, if it thuds its aluminum, if it tings it is steel, or you can take it off and feel it, which it probably needs to come off anyway to check for fishing line behind it..

Comment

I had a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke that had a stainless steel prop with a very durable black Teflon coating on it(like a Teflon coated cooking pot)...believe it was made to prevent marine growths in a saltwater environment?...Not sure if they still offer this coating or not?

Comment

Working...
        X