No Need For Choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Need For Choke

I have a Yamaha 20HP Two stroke, I mind that it wont start if I pull out the choke but If I turn it over a few time with the choke out then push in the choke and open the throttle a touch it starts. I have fitted a new carb and plugs but its still the same. I thought if you pulled out the choke it would start that way? Anyone got any idea thats the problem is please.I have also checke the mixtrue thats seems ok to.

Clive,
    Normally, it should start with the choke all the way out and the throttle at idle or open just a little. I would check the linkage on the choke and make sure the butterfly valve is closing all the way when you pull the choke knob out.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

I checked that when I fitted the new carb Ken closes ok.its strange why it wont start with the choke out.I thought it was a worn carb causing the problem, could it be any thing to do with the mixture control?

Comment

Clive,
        The low speed jet adjustment (pilot screw) on most carburators can effect the starting - don't know about your particular model. I would try to get an owners manual, if you can, and look over the starting instructions for your motor.
        Go to www.yamahapubs.com for the owners manual and the service manual - although I believe that webpage is for US motors only.
        You need the service manual to tell you what the turn out is on the pilot screw for each carb. It's gonna be about 3/4 turn, I would guess.
        If the motor is idling and running fine after starting, I would not worry that you have to push the choke back in to start.
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken I wll have alook at the site you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
          X