No announcement yet.

Motor ran great one day - not the next.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor ran great one day - not the next.

I have a 2003 90hp 4 stroke and it ran great one day but the very next day it wouldn't even make a sound, no click - nothing, when you truned the key to try to start it nor will the tilt n trim make a sound at the throttle lever or on the motor. I have cleaned the battery terminals, the batteries are 8 months old and charged, I have bypassed the battery selector switch and wired direct to one of the batteries, my Fluke meter reads 12v AT THE MOTOR and both fuses are good. Any suggestions?

Maybe check and clean battery connections on the motor as well as at the battery....remove, clean, tighten each one. Are your battery cables possibly corroded internally?

Comment

All of the terminals on the motor look like new and the 12v at the motor does not change at all when the either of the tilt trim switches are bumped or when the key is switched to the crank position and I did ohm the cables to the motor and they showed normal level of resistance. I acts just like there is no battey hooked up since there is no sound of anything even trying to work. There is a plug in the console that connects a whole gom of wires that I just remembered, I saw it but it is a bugger to get to and have not taken it apart and checked that connection. I will do that tonight but I would not think that it would keep the tilt and trim on the motor from working.
      Last edited by edatthelake; 09-24-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X