Ken and Sea Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken and Sea Foam

Question for Ken about your Sea foam shock treatment. After emailing the Sea Foam rep in Canada I found out that Napa stores in British Columbia may begin carrying Sea Foam products in December. I can't wait to try it. The question I have is this: do you use premixed fuel for the treatment or just gas and Sea Foam ?(for a 2 cycle engine)

Thanks

you always need your oil

Comment

vicman,
      If your outboard is a pre-mix (like mine - C115), then you will want to use 3 oz of oil to 3/4 gal of gas and one 16 oz can SeaFoam.
      If your motor is oil injected, then you could probably get by with no oil in the "shock mixture", but I still recommend 2 oz of oil. My thought is that the SeaFoam is such a strong detergent, I don't want to take a chance of the cylinder walls "washing down" with little lubrcation left - even though on the can it says something about being a lubricant also. I don't want to take any chances.
      The formula is really arbitrary - I got it off another forum and it works for me. You could go with more or less concentration of Seafoam to suit your needs. A little experimentation won't hurt, just be sure your motor is getting approx 50/1 gas/oil ratio when you do the shock treatment.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X