YDS Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YDS Software

I was able to get my YDS software working this weekend and have a couple of questions regarding operation.
    Software is ver 1.33 and database 1.33 connected to (2) 2001 F115's, both show similiar results.
    In the operation of the software connection is correct and I can read any sensor errors and the gauge readouts including RPM etc, so I know connection is correct and operation is working. I can get into Option 1 diagnostic Tools, but am unable to access Special Functions #2 or Maintenance Information #3. What I am concerned with is reading engine hours and time at certain RPM's etc. I would like to get full use of the options available in the software.
    When I had the engines surveyed by a Yamaha Mechanic he gave me the printout of the finding, but his sheets did not show engine hours either. Is this correct, or am I missing something in my software? Are my engines too old to have this information available on the data bus?

The #2 and #3 function will not work on your model motor, if you click on save at bottom of screen and then print saved file it will show engine hours in data logger portion of report.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do I have to log something and then and only then does it have a time stamp? In the file I saved with the engine running and not running, there is nothing in section 6 Data Logger (data comparison graph). Everything in this section is blank.

Comment

thats because the early production of the F115 ECU was rather stupid.
        most wont show hours and very little else.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Seeing as being one of the first in the F series I figured it may be limited. Helps with sensors etc. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X