85 HP Trim and Tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 HP Trim and Tilt

Trim and Tilt on my late 90's yamaha went out suddenly. Didn't go slow or nothing. It still clicks when you try it. Was wondering if there are any "simple fix" places I could check before I bring it in. Thanks.

fishingroman,
    There are two fuses, I believe under the hood of that 85 hp Yammie - check them first - pull them out of their holders and ohm them out with an ohm meter.
    The clicking you hear are the up/down relays kicking in when the up/down t/t switches are energized. With none of the switches energized, check the wiper of each relay to make sure it is at ground - ohm it out. If either wiper does not ohm out to ground, then that relay is bad, or the ground wire to the relay contact is bad.
    Energize one of the up switches and measure the voltage on the wiper of the up relay - should be 12 volts - if it is, then the t/t motor is bad or the wire from the up wiper to the motor is bad.
    Same procedure for the down relay.
    Usually, when you hear clicking for both up and down switches but no response from the power t/t, then a fuse has blown or you have a bad t/t motor.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X