Not Reaching WOT RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Reaching WOT RPM

Looking for a little help here. I have a 99' yamaha c90tlrx on a 19' x96" Polar Salwater series skiff . I have a Solas 13.25x19 stainless prop on it. I have checked compression,spark,rebuilt carbs,de-carbed engine,and did lync and sync per manual. The motor idles good and seems to run good except for I am only reaching about 4000 rpm at wot. I always thought the boat was kind of slow so started working on it . I changed prop. It had a 21 pitch. That got me from roughly 3800 to 4k. I really don't know what else to check. Love my boat and love my yammy. It is the most reliable motor I have owned. Just doesn't seem to have the power it should. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

seeing as you have not posted on your other threads what you found out or did maybe you can tell us what you found in the performance bulletins on a boat and motor like yours, that should tell you if you need to be looking for a motor or hull problem if your prop is the one they used

Comment

They did not list a polar boat. Only Carolina skiff or sundance which are not as wide. They are running 13x17 and getting 5500 rpm.

Comment

So you ended up getting a tach for your set up , are you sure you have it set properly?

Sounds like you are running a larger diameter prop and higher pitch also from what they used, and was theirs a SS or Aluminum?
        Could your hull be water logged?

Maybe the best thing to do is have a Yamaha shop test motor with a Yamaha test prop to see if it can put out the proper HP at spec RPM to be sure motor is OK

Comment

call around.
          find a shop with test wheel YB-1620, install the test wheel.
          back it down the ramp.
          wot should be 5100-5300 RPM.
          if it is fix rhe hull/prop issue.
          if its not the motor is faulty.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will find that test wheel and let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X