Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 115hp 2-stroke oil mix question

Hi,
    I have a C115TLRV (2-stroke, 115HP) outboard manufactured in 1997. I currently have to mix the oil and gas together manually at fill time which is becoming a hassle. I was wondering if an external oil tank could be mounted near the transom and oil injection pump retrofitted to the engine/carb. The engine is in great shape (as is the boat) and so I plan on keeping it for many more years.

My search on the web did not turn up anything so I am expecting that I am out of luck. I am open to other ideas or hear how others deal with the mixing process. The boat does not leave the water and gets filled up at the dock on a daily basis when in use. I use old soda bottles with the right amount of oil in them to mix with 6 gallons of fuel. It's a sticky and messy situation.

Thanks in advance!
    -Paul

if you want a oil injected motor you need to buy one

Comment

I run a 1999 Yamaha 90hp premix motor and for the simplicity and dependability,the oil gas mixing never seems like much trouble to me. Be happy with your premix motor or you will need to buy another motor with oil injection,since there is not much way to add that feature to your present motor. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X