f115 4 stroke not turning off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115 4 stroke not turning off

I have a 2005 115 4 stroke. It will not turn off with the key, traded control box and still will not. Also has a higher speed skip, checked fuel and vacuem and it appears ok. Could it be electrical as well and linked with the ignition not turning off ?

only saw 2 F115 motors with this issue.
    one was a bad ECU the other a bad main relay.
    carefully check all relay and ECU pins.
    make sure from the ECU stop pin,white wire,to ground path is good with the key in the off position.

Comment

I have a 2005 F90 and am on my third ignition switch due to the same won't shut off problem. The quick solution is to choke it out. Mine started when I bumped the starter and the boat was on the trailer. I panicked and after about 10 seconds remembered the choke. The switch is available on Amazon.com and costs about $115. There are so many places on-line to buy these ignition switches that it must be a common failure item. The change out is very simple and takes about 10 minutes. Its just a matter of unplugging the existing switch under the dash and plugging the new one in. Got to be a design flaw in the switch.

FLCoyote

Comment

I had the same issue on my F150. Turned out to be a dodgy wire from the fusebox to the starter solenoid. Funny thing is that is started no probs. Just didnt want to turn off.

Comment

Working...
        X