Oil Pressure Light Flashing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Light Flashing.

Hello all, i've done some searches through the forum and couldn't quite find exactly the info i needed...

Heres the details ... i have a 2012 Yamaha F70A 4stroke with 9 hours on it, hooked up to 2 x Yamaha Round multi-function digital guages.

Whilst using the boat last time, i noticed a bar flashing above "low oil pressure" symbol.

This will flash on start up and all through the rev ranges ranges with the engine fully tilted down.

The light will however stop flashing if i slightly trim the engine up.

Oil level is fine, ive listen to the engine through the rpm range at all trim levels and it sounds fine. I've wiggled the wires under the cowling while the engine is at idle...

Does anyone have any ideas or stumbled accross this problem before??

I would take it to the dealership, but can't get it there for another 4 weeks.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Are you talking about the trim bar graph on right side of guage flashing? Check switch setting in back of tach, set for 4 stroke engine, 12 pole alternator and 2 wire trim sender.
    Tach Settings.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Oil lamp flashinf

I had a simliar problem, but mine flashed at low RPMs and stopped at higher speed.

After many hours, and money, the the dealer found that corrisoin in the wiring plugs caused it.

So by spraying the wires and plugs behind the TACH instrumts with a lubrication spray it stopped..

Comment

Working...
      X